A Self-Help Blog for Myself and You - Mission: Find more Reasons to Smile!

A SELF-HELP BLOG FOR MYSELF

This is a blog to help me attain my main goal: Happiness. A place to help us Vancouverites reach out to one another on a day to day basis. A how-to on simply smiling to spread more joy in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

I will engage, inspire, motivate, lament, reflect, vent, rage, ridicule, and share my personal stories (check out My evil twin Judy's on-line dating journal).

My Mission: Change the Face of Vancouver
Time Line: As Long as it Takes

Why?: To retain My Will to Live


FOLLOW ME!

BECOME A PART OF THE SMILE MOVEMENT!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Stop Thinking. Take Action.

So many of us wait to be happy throughout the day. We make deals with ourselves: when I eat lunch, I'll be happy; When the laundry is done, I'll be happy; When I lose weight, I'll be happy; When I get a boyfriend, I'll be happy; When I make more money, I'll be happy. Yeesh! Depressing.

I say, stop thinking and making these deals, take action now and just be happy. I know, I know... but life sucks. Well, it can if you think it so or it doesn't have to. Take me, for example, when I feel down I simply down a fifth of scotch. So totally kidding. It's red wine. But anyways, all of our life's problems can be rectified with this simple Stop Thinking, Take Action game plan.

When confronted with what appears to be a large bulk of work, a crazy ass deadline, or a personal goal to attain then simply stop thinking and spouting, "I really should lose these three hundred and fifty extra pounds..." and get a piece of paper and break down the actions that need to happen, and the time line that you will need to follow in order to get it done. Then, and get this, cause this is the tricky part, follow your friggin' plan like that boss part of you is the meanest mf'r that was and perform each action on time. Guess what happens? You reach your goal and it just wasn't nearly as hard as you thought it would be.

It's about little actions that lead to the whole goal. It's about finding space within your life where you know that you are following your boss' rules and so now you can relax, and yes, oh, wait for it... wait for it... SMILE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment