A Self-Help Blog for Myself and You - Mission: Find more Reasons to Smile!

A SELF-HELP BLOG FOR MYSELF

This is a blog to help me attain my main goal: Happiness. A place to help us Vancouverites reach out to one another on a day to day basis. A how-to on simply smiling to spread more joy in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

I will engage, inspire, motivate, lament, reflect, vent, rage, ridicule, and share my personal stories (check out My evil twin Judy's on-line dating journal).

My Mission: Change the Face of Vancouver
Time Line: As Long as it Takes

Why?: To retain My Will to Live


FOLLOW ME!

BECOME A PART OF THE SMILE MOVEMENT!

Monday, August 9, 2010

A Monday Morning Smile... what?

Yes, it is true. After a pretty uneventful, yet happy, nonetheless, evening of healthy eating and tv and laughter I have awoken inspired! Today I meet a new group of students from other countries to whom I must teach our lovely language. Two more weeks of this and then I am done. Smiling today while students stare at me blank faced and sleepy will be my day's most difficult smile challenge. But, after starting this site, and having a gazillion ideas on how it will take off, I am more than the moment. And in that moment, where a kid is practically drooling while gazing at me with utter incomprehension, I will remember that my life is not really about this specific moment but about where I am heading - what future moments will bring me and in those moments I will be doing more of what inspires me. The challenge is to get a hold of my reactions, observe them without becoming them, and then smile with knowledge that it is about what I give to others - and so, right then and there, I will turn up my patience dial and will be kind and loving to this child. Smile on Monday! Smile on!

No comments:

Post a Comment