A Self-Help Blog for Myself and You - Mission: Find more Reasons to Smile!

A SELF-HELP BLOG FOR MYSELF

This is a blog to help me attain my main goal: Happiness. A place to help us Vancouverites reach out to one another on a day to day basis. A how-to on simply smiling to spread more joy in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

I will engage, inspire, motivate, lament, reflect, vent, rage, ridicule, and share my personal stories (check out My evil twin Judy's on-line dating journal).

My Mission: Change the Face of Vancouver
Time Line: As Long as it Takes

Why?: To retain My Will to Live


FOLLOW ME!

BECOME A PART OF THE SMILE MOVEMENT!

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Just say YES!

I rarely let the word No escape from my mouth
Because it is so plain to my soul
That God has shouted, Yes! Yes! Yes!
To every luminous movement in Existence
- Hafiz

Yes is the Breath of Creation, or so I read in Dr. Wayne Dyer's book: The Power of Intention. And so, with that, I say yes to everything - and even when I say no, I don't use the no word, instead I say Oh, well, while pleasuring you in front of this here camera does sound tempting, how about we play Peenuckle instead? See the spin? So positive it may just make you wanna gag (pun intended). But really, there is something to this Yes thing. Coming from a family of no speakers, I got my work cut out for me.

My family precedes every sentence with "no". Like, if I say, Oh, look, you bought another new car! One of the sisters might say, No, I just traded it in. I don't get it. Yes, you bought a new car. Do you like it? I may ask. To which the reply would come out as, No, it's fine - but a car doesn't really excite me all that much. Okay. When do you allow the Yes to emerge? The Yes to admit, hey, yeah, it did make me happy. Yes, I bought yet another new car. Isn't that fun? Dangit, that no-habit has always grated on my nerves.

So, what is the solution. Eliminate No from your vocabulary. I know (ha) that's not possible, but just think Fuck Yes! more. See what transpires. Will the universe provide a lot of serendipitous moments? Or will you just feel a bit more buoyant? Whatever it is, give it a thought. Now, know this: the only reason I am writing all of this stuff is because I am in a situation which can be construed as a No situation, one of lack, but instead, am doing whatever it friggin' takes to make it a Yes one. This Yes stuff has been offering me tons of positive happenings where moment to moment - the knowledge that everything will be all right, and that it is all right, right now, prevails.

So, I just finished teaching ESL yesterday. Now, I must start a new job (sales), make a sale within two weeks, find a place to live in that I can afford, in a friendly area with a yard for Bogie (my main squeeze), get my stuff shipped here from Montreal, make more money and mo' money to pay off my yucky debt, find my soul mate who will be hot and established and non-commitment phobic, and make all of Vancouver Smile. I could feel the weight of it pushing me down, but instead of being all heavy, I choose buoyancy with my new mantra: YES!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment