A Self-Help Blog for Myself and You - Mission: Find more Reasons to Smile!

A SELF-HELP BLOG FOR MYSELF

This is a blog to help me attain my main goal: Happiness. A place to help us Vancouverites reach out to one another on a day to day basis. A how-to on simply smiling to spread more joy in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

I will engage, inspire, motivate, lament, reflect, vent, rage, ridicule, and share my personal stories (check out My evil twin Judy's on-line dating journal).

My Mission: Change the Face of Vancouver
Time Line: As Long as it Takes

Why?: To retain My Will to Live


FOLLOW ME!

BECOME A PART OF THE SMILE MOVEMENT!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Naysayers - Crack one Already!!

Oh, Vancouver, with your "you're not allowed to do this" and "don't do that" and "these are the rules, we don't really know why, nor can we answer you, but we will act like the rules makes sense, and will back them, but cannot have a conversation with you about them because authentic dialogue where rational explanations are expressed scares us!" OH JCC Volunteers - y'old cotton heads! God love you. So, so intimidated when questioned about the THREE rows of roped off area for "VIP's" so they said, or "Latecomers!" when I expressed, "So, we get penalized for being on time and don't get a seat when we paid for them?" to which the young girl in charge flung past me and ripped the protective barrier from those VIP seats! Nary a Smile was seen on this night where lovely swing music played. Nor were heads a bobbin'. The musicians actually made comments. Oh, Musicfest goers, Norman Rothstein patrons, LIGHTEN UP! But, that said, I did have fun with my Yogi pal Lans, and managed to spread the love throughout the evening regardless of the atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment