A Self-Help Blog for Myself and You - Mission: Find more Reasons to Smile!

A SELF-HELP BLOG FOR MYSELF

This is a blog to help me attain my main goal: Happiness. A place to help us Vancouverites reach out to one another on a day to day basis. A how-to on simply smiling to spread more joy in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

I will engage, inspire, motivate, lament, reflect, vent, rage, ridicule, and share my personal stories (check out My evil twin Judy's on-line dating journal).

My Mission: Change the Face of Vancouver
Time Line: As Long as it Takes

Why?: To retain My Will to Live


FOLLOW ME!

BECOME A PART OF THE SMILE MOVEMENT!

Friday, September 24, 2010

To Grab the Last Brownie or Not? That is the question.


Happiness is created from within. 
We are the captains of our fate 
and the creators of our fulfillment. 
The more negative traits that we 
“sacrifice” within ourselves,
the more we are able to manifest 
fulfillment.

Today, go against one aspect 

of your selfish nature.
-A Kabbalistic Daily Message.  

Sounds so simple...yet not.  How often do we think 
about ourselves first?  Ummm... mostly always.  
When doing so, like in a line up, a car lane, an office 
meeting, a buffet we are simply putting ourselves first 
at the expense of others.  Not always, but a lot - it's our 
inherent nature.  Notice it.  Does it help you live in 
the moment?  Or, does it just create more space between 
yourself and others?  More importantly, does it 
bring you happiness?  

Okay, I gotta admit - sometimes when I do 
manage to get the last brownie on the desert tray
I fully enjoy the moment - I mean, like happier 
than I've ever been in my life, but then what happens? 
I become a tad uncomfortable and wonder why I am 
always trying to get what I want and don't always think 
that others may want it too.  Well, now I try to stop, 
restrict for a second or two, and then grab the brownie 
anyways cause Fuck it, they're friggin' awesome!  

No, no - I truly question my motives when attempting 
to get what I want and if anything it just makes me 
more aware of others and how I can be a bit better 
to others.  I don't know, worth a try, especially if it 
brings some form of peace.  And peace leads to 
happiness, right?  Om.

No comments:

Post a Comment