A Self-Help Blog for Myself and You - Mission: Find more Reasons to Smile!

A SELF-HELP BLOG FOR MYSELF

This is a blog to help me attain my main goal: Happiness. A place to help us Vancouverites reach out to one another on a day to day basis. A how-to on simply smiling to spread more joy in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

I will engage, inspire, motivate, lament, reflect, vent, rage, ridicule, and share my personal stories (check out My evil twin Judy's on-line dating journal).

My Mission: Change the Face of Vancouver
Time Line: As Long as it Takes

Why?: To retain My Will to Live


FOLLOW ME!

BECOME A PART OF THE SMILE MOVEMENT!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Plucking at Laugh Lines

This morning I was looking in the mirror, plucking the eyebrows when I tried to pluck at this dark hair on the corner of my eye.  Then I realized that it wasn't actually an eyebrow but a laugh line!  Oy.  I tried to pluck my laugh line.  But, if truth be told, hair bugs me much more than laugh lines do. 

Some of my friends complain about all lines on their faces, including laugh lines.  While I don't love and rejoice over some of the facial lines (like the gorgeous forehead split - dead center which is making me contemplate bangs) I have grown fond of the laugh ones.  You see, they are a mark of a life laughed over.  One where I seek out and often manage to find the comedy in most all situations.  Once, after falling over a cliff on my bike, I laughed - delirious, you say, you are probably right, I reply.

When you see an old person coming towards you, you immediately can tell what kind of person they are, their character, based on their lines. Some have this face that droops down, down, down like a hound dog which tells the story of a life full of dissapointment and resentment.  While others, like mine is destined to be, with eye creases, and a mouth permanentaly upturned,  informs outsiders that this person is friendly, open, and fun.  I'd prefer the latter.

So, while ridding myself of all unwanted hair, and maybe a few yucky lines, I will not scoff over my laugh lines.  Because I want to be that old broad who approaches people and doesn't scare them away, but has them saying "hey, wanna hear a joke?"  That's what I want.  Then my evil twin Judy will scoff, "Ahh...move along you whippersnapper!"  Can't wait to be cantankerous!  Then I'll burst out laughing thereby deepening my well deserved lines o' laughter!  Laugh on my people - and celebrate those comedic lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment