A Self-Help Blog for Myself and You - Mission: Find more Reasons to Smile!

A SELF-HELP BLOG FOR MYSELF

This is a blog to help me attain my main goal: Happiness. A place to help us Vancouverites reach out to one another on a day to day basis. A how-to on simply smiling to spread more joy in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

I will engage, inspire, motivate, lament, reflect, vent, rage, ridicule, and share my personal stories (check out My evil twin Judy's on-line dating journal).

My Mission: Change the Face of Vancouver
Time Line: As Long as it Takes

Why?: To retain My Will to Live


FOLLOW ME!

BECOME A PART OF THE SMILE MOVEMENT!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Gods were Smiling When...

In a moment of panic to buy soy milk I bolted from my car, ran to the store, made the purchase and rushed home.  Once home, I found that I couldn't find my cell phone!  Yes, the phone was gone - this time for real.  My lifeline - my Blackberry - gone.  What did I do?  Where did I leave it?  

It was the kind of day where nothing is really going all that right. I'm living out of my car, chucking things here and there and swinging my bag into the back without a thought of its contents.  But, no, it wasn't in the bag when chucked - it was on the door where I carelessly leave it when not talking, or texting while driving (so kidding).  Shit!  It dawns on me...

The phone fell off the door, when swung open in a soy milk deprived stupor, and onto the very busy street.  Shit!  So, I seriously scream, "FUUUUUUCKKKKKK!"  and run out to my car, fly to the spot I had parked in not fifteen minutes ago, park illegally across the street, and run helter skelter to the spot.  When, what do I see?   My cell phone, face down, dangerously close to oncoming tire wheels, and safe! I run to it - halt oncoming traffic - clean off the dust, and cannot believe my good luck.


Funny how it takes the fear of bad circumstance to infuse us with intense gratitude.  Yes, the Gods were smiling on me that day and for that my whole day and mood changed.  Smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment