A Self-Help Blog for Myself and You - Mission: Find more Reasons to Smile!

A SELF-HELP BLOG FOR MYSELF

This is a blog to help me attain my main goal: Happiness. A place to help us Vancouverites reach out to one another on a day to day basis. A how-to on simply smiling to spread more joy in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

I will engage, inspire, motivate, lament, reflect, vent, rage, ridicule, and share my personal stories (check out My evil twin Judy's on-line dating journal).

My Mission: Change the Face of Vancouver
Time Line: As Long as it Takes

Why?: To retain My Will to Live


FOLLOW ME!

BECOME A PART OF THE SMILE MOVEMENT!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Grumpcouver

Grumpcouver, huh? Not nice.  I know.  And, the worst part is that I know I see what I believe and am obsessing about.  I am creating it by focusing on it.  Yet still, yet still - I am seeing it!  So, there must be a germ of truth in the fact that Vancouver's people are slow to smile.  Who knows how often they really do smile. Everyone's like an old wo/man looking for the whippersnappers to make a mistake so that they can lace into them.  Approaching a couple in a beautiful pond setting I saw the head shaking as I was about to pass so just had to say, "I know, I've done something wrong.  You're going to tell me something I did wrong, right?"  And sure enough, Bogie was standing on a beaver dam.  I called the boy and told her I wasn't from here - just visiting.  Felt like lying I guess.

Anyways, stopping to commiserate with a wonderful couple on another trail, with our dogs running around like nuts together, we broached my favorite topic and they, having just returned from The Northwest Territories said that they just didn't get it either.  But, there we were, having a fantastic back and forth - so whose to say, right?  But, we thought we'd say, and what we said was that maybe people were just a little disgruntled here because a) the rain - obvious, but also b) the cost of living here -as in, impossible to buy in Vancouver if you can't afford half a mill for a home. Well, it could be the whole, no matter what I do or how I believe in manifesting destiny, I can't seem to get the image of all these really wealthy people owning all the property out of mind.  The rest of us will be just shining their shoes, or living in their homes, paying way too much, and hence never getting our own free standing home.  It's disconcerting but not impossible to overcome.

So, the turnaround.  Who the heck cares if you own a home in this lifetime because you never really own anything - it's all illusion.  We like to think that by holding these pieces of paper and then exchanging them for goods we'll be happy and I'm here to say that - shit, it's true.  It can make you happy.  Okay, so I will just manifest - believe in my impending wealth in all areas of my life, and forget about people with broigus expressions on their faces.  Yes, I'll just plug away and smile inwardly - at myself, who apparently really needs these smiles cause I'm certainly not going to receive them as often as I wish out on the streets.  Like the man in a cul-de-sac in Yaletown, where I was on the phone to figure out where my friends were, who pulled up beside me to yell, on top of his lungs, " GET OFF YOUR FUCKING PHONE! GET OFF YOUR PHONE! YOU ARE A REALLY STUPID HUMAN BEING!"  and more.  Hmmm... the fire was rising in my chest and is still kinda there since I'm writing about it now but I just sneered, "Nice man, nice human being - thank you, you wonderful person!"  Honestly, if'n I had a shotgun I woulda blown that guys stupid blue tooth PHONE earbud off his ear  - and I would liked it. Another person telling me what to do! 

It's like the universe is laughing cause I've always hated authority, so now I have the entire world tsk'ing and finger wagging and YELLING to tell me what to do!  Okay!  I get it!  I will just work humbly without expectation and find happiness in the tiniest of moments.  Okay.  Enough with these people.  Let them come to me!  A little test.  Chugga chugga chugga blah blah on I go.  Getting shit done.  Paving my way.   Smiling for myself - at the very least. I certainly hope I appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. That there is funny. I got a smile in Florida from Vancouver! It's working!

    ReplyDelete