A Self-Help Blog for Myself and You - Mission: Find more Reasons to Smile!

A SELF-HELP BLOG FOR MYSELF

This is a blog to help me attain my main goal: Happiness. A place to help us Vancouverites reach out to one another on a day to day basis. A how-to on simply smiling to spread more joy in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

I will engage, inspire, motivate, lament, reflect, vent, rage, ridicule, and share my personal stories (check out My evil twin Judy's on-line dating journal).

My Mission: Change the Face of Vancouver
Time Line: As Long as it Takes

Why?: To retain My Will to Live


FOLLOW ME!

BECOME A PART OF THE SMILE MOVEMENT!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Flash Mob = Flash Smile

 
Although I have a few less than merry encounters to recount I will start off with something positive.  Saturday I was fortunate enough to catch the Flash mob - Thriller dance event at the Roundhouse here in Vancouver.  Well, I show up and cannot believe my eyes - a mob of zombies limbering up to dance to MJ's "Thriller", and well, not to be redundant - it was thrilling.  Exclaiming, "wow, amazing... can't believe this!" I did manage to attract a few smiles of glee and for a few moments, with rain pelting our faces, Vancouver's people came together in the name of fun.  It was refreshing and chilling, all at once.  I loved it.

But, of course, in my efforts to battle my demons I do have a not so pretty tale to tell.   Today, when walking the Bogiemeister, and letting him off leash for a few moments in a small park, a lady with a Doberman, yelled, "hey, get your dog!  Leash your dog!  This is a lead only park!" to which I couldn't help but reply, "Oh, thanks for telling me what to do.  Thanks for teaching me." And with a frustrated exclamation exclaimed, "I so love the people of Vancouver!"  Another enemy made.  But, let me say this, on multiple occasions, in this very same park,  I've enjoyed watching my boy canoodling a bunch of other dogs who were, yes, off leash!  It's all just so confusing.  How can I be a good little resident with such fickle rules?

I have to look at myself though and know that I am attracting what I most need to learn - to overcome.  Must figure out how not to react when confronted in such a punitive manner - but it's not easy. One benefit is that my blood was boiling, thus I was warm.  On a cool, blistery day I was warmed by my own fury.  Maybe that's the answer to conquering Vancouver's chilly winter - just keep on reacting with hot blood so that I become hot blooded and well, not cold.  Ironic really. 

No comments:

Post a Comment