A Self-Help Blog for Myself and You - Mission: Find more Reasons to Smile!

A SELF-HELP BLOG FOR MYSELF

This is a blog to help me attain my main goal: Happiness. A place to help us Vancouverites reach out to one another on a day to day basis. A how-to on simply smiling to spread more joy in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

I will engage, inspire, motivate, lament, reflect, vent, rage, ridicule, and share my personal stories (check out My evil twin Judy's on-line dating journal).

My Mission: Change the Face of Vancouver
Time Line: As Long as it Takes

Why?: To retain My Will to Live


FOLLOW ME!

BECOME A PART OF THE SMILE MOVEMENT!

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Flattery will get me Everywhere

So, I decided that if men were not going to turn their heads to me, to catch my cool new earrings, then I would look at them. Screw it! A woman's gotta do what a woman's...ah, you get it. So, I decided to quit my whining and put my smile where my mouth is.  

As it were.

The negative brain speak is not getting me anywhere in changing the vibe I'm putting out there.  Here I was thinking I was all that - because I smile but really, it's not enough. It's what's under the smile that really matters and mine wasn't all so pure.  I'd be like. "who the eff is he to not even glance my way?" or "what is he wearing????" Or " check out that broigus (miserable) face." But no more - those days are gone.  
VPD
 Now, I am making eye contact,  smiling coyly (didn't think I had it in me in my ripe old age), and even speaking. Yes! Speaking.  So, a couple of cops pulled up beside the car when my friends and I were on the way to the beach.  I looked in and instantly got my flirt on. I mean, they were cops.  And in this town they are some of the hottest men.  So, I just twirled my finger in a little wave and said, "Hey, I like your hair." because honestly, you have never seen a cooler hairstyle on a cuter guy than this young man of the people.  He laughed and told me mine was nice too - great opportunity for me to practice the ancient flirting technique of the classic hair caress so I did and added a  "really? Oh.... well.. thank you." Then it got all funny when the other cop - truly hot, leaned forward - bald as a cueball to say, "thanks a lot." There was laughter. All were smiling.  And it got even more awesome when he got on his PA and said, "move along m'am".  Classic! Laughter, a drive off -  a successful flirt!

So now, a few days later, on my drive home, I take the opportunity to flirt with a young boy who passes in front of my car. I just couldn't stop myself, I connected eyes and smirked like I had a little secret.  Ooooo weee I like me some flirtin'!  

Les jeux sont fait and they will continue. Just need some serious summer heat to don minimal amounts of clothing.  Then it's a whole new game. And the flirting - or flattery, must continue. Doing my part Vancouver by using my feminine wiles to gain some grateful smiles.

Say cheese!

2 comments:

  1. Wow ! Just came across your beautiful picture and the stories. You would make my head turn so fast I'd probably hurt my self. Please keep writing and please post more pics of your amazing smile ! I'm smiling .... as always

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled on her in the Vancouver Sun article and was amused by her complaints and hypocrisy.

    How ironic: a few weeks ago I came across this Jodi-she was flirting me up,so I reciprocated and went to talk to her.
    Result-instant shut down and the look of shock in her face that someone dared speak to her.The typical Vancouver woman response.
    I remember her,because she was the only Vancouverite woman I had talked to in several months-I only date or talk to Japanese/Asian foreign students.

    And yes- I am very approachable,meet women IN OTHER CITIES with zero problem,have a great demeanour,and am the stereotypical woman's dream -tall,dark hair,fit,handsome and rich guy.

    How about a Briggs Meyer personality test,instead of horoscopes. Infinitely more useful and based on science,not 3000 year old superstitions.
    Seeing as she is so open,I wonder if she would post her type on here?

    Reading her critique and complaints here...all I can say is that I'd like to wish her good luck in her life-she'll be needing it.

    ReplyDelete