A Self-Help Blog for Myself and You - Mission: Find more Reasons to Smile!

A SELF-HELP BLOG FOR MYSELF

This is a blog to help me attain my main goal: Happiness. A place to help us Vancouverites reach out to one another on a day to day basis. A how-to on simply smiling to spread more joy in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

I will engage, inspire, motivate, lament, reflect, vent, rage, ridicule, and share my personal stories (check out My evil twin Judy's on-line dating journal).

My Mission: Change the Face of Vancouver
Time Line: As Long as it Takes

Why?: To retain My Will to Live


FOLLOW ME!

BECOME A PART OF THE SMILE MOVEMENT!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Smiling Downs



As I recall, the last blog was full of sunshine and lollipops.

Well, as I sit here, in our lovely city, waiting for the sun to really cast its warm glow, I am well aware of the challenges we face.  Riding the waves - the ups, the downs, and the in betweens, I know how difficult it is to look outside myself to smile at passersby.

But, as I recall, when things are their toughest, is the time to step outside yourself and smile, give, and push the generosity card.  I've been in a state of LACK for the past while now.  One where I focus on what I don't have, rather than what I do have.  No matter how much I pontificate about  Vancouver and how crucial it is that we smile at our neighbours, I look at the homeless pair sitting across from my home, in the park, and fail to be welcoming.  Is it me?  Okay, bad example, but still...

My pal, who was kind enough to take me out last night, said that the best way out of lack is through giving.  So, that is my new way.  I will give till it hurts.  I will socialize, listen to others talk about how difficult it was finding those designer jeans or decorating their new home, and I will care.  I'll really, really care.  My mind will not drift to thoughts of "can I afford a good cheese this week?" or "am I going to be single for the rest of my life?"  Instead I will really take an interest.  Through giving I will get.  So selfish really,

So, as the sun fails to shine, as I'm chilled in my kitchen with a definite lack of motivation regarding work, as I look down at my toes reminded of a drastic pedicure need, as I notice dust bunnies forming mouths in which to speak to me, I will find a way to smile. First at others, then at myself.

It's just got to be.  Things will turn around.  Life will improve.  There is no lack - only love.  I have LOVE!  My time will come. 

I feel like Stuart Smiley. 

No comments:

Post a Comment